- LED Visor, MSP430 (Concept)
- LED Visor, MSP430 (Schematic Capture, Layout)
- LED Visor, MSP430 (Software)
- LED Visor, MSP430 (Final Build into Visor)
CCS provides a nice Eclipse based editor with a integrated complier and debugger. It installed without issues on my windows 7 64 bit machine.
I broke my software up into several pieces:
- Main: The section which pulls everything together.
- Standard.h: A section for constants, macros, typdefs, etc. which are shared across the entire project.
- Button driver : This code de-bounces button presses, and sends back button press and button released events.
- Led Driver: This is really a serial driver. It sends out data to the CAT4008 LED driver device.
- Led Patterns: Code which generates different patterns for the LED. Some patterns are hard coded, and others are functions.
The software can be downloaded from a google code repository found here. The Source file are:
When running, the code :
- scans for button presses
- If SW2 is pressed, the code will change the pattern being run.
- If SW1 is pressed, the speed at which the code is run is changed.
- One the LED pattern is determined, it is clocked out to the LED driver.
- The MSP430 goes into a sleep mode until the next clock interrupt starts the cycle again.